Hi, welcome to the Adsense Helpline. Today We will be taking you through the Google Adsense account activation steps.
After you create your AdSense account you need to activate it then you can start showing ads on your site and start making money. We will cover three steps of account activation today
1. Completing Your Payment Address Details
Let’s start with completing your payment address details.
It’s important that you enter this information correctly so that you can get paid.
You’ll need to choose an account type to start you can choose either an individual or a business account type.
There is no difference in the services or payment structure between those types.
- Individual accounts: Individual accounts are paid out to the payee name of the account holder.
- business accounts: business accounts are paid out to the company name.
It might not be possible to change your account type once your account is activated so please be careful when making this selection.
Then you’ll need to enter your name and address enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
This information is crucial for you to receive your payments without any problems, So make sure your name and your address are accurate.
Note that you must be able to receive mail at this address when your account balance reaches the verification threshold, AdSense will mail you a personal identification number.
You will then need to enter it in your adsense account
Note: Read Step by Step Guides For Completing Your Payment Address Details
2. Verifying Your Phone Number
It’s not required in all countries but if it’s required for you you’ll see a card on your adsense home page
If you’ve previously verified a phone number for Google, you will see your verified phone number listed in the phone number field
You can choose to use this phone number for Adsense and skip the rest of the phone verification process
If this isn’t the case for you you can choose whether you’d like to receive the code via a text or a voice call
Please make sure to use the International format a plus sign followed by the country code, the area code and the phone number
Note: Read Step by Step Guides For How To verify Your Phone Number In AdSense
3. Connecting Your Site To AdSense.
It’s as easy as copying the code from your AdSense account and pasting it into the HTML of your site
You need to paste it between the head and head tags
If you’re using WordPress we highly recommend using the site kit plug-in side kit can connect your WordPress site to your AdSense account and place the Adsense code on all your pages for you. so you can show ads automatically across your site
If you created your site using a content management system, you’ll need to check if your CMS has AdSense built-in or if it supports a plug-in that can help you implement your Adsense ad code
If you need assistance with a plug-in visit the official support forum of your service or the developer of the plug-in
Please double check that the site you used for Adsense and the URL you pasted your Adsense ad code are the same.
In case they aren’t you can change it here you can then click on the I’ve pasted the code into my site and click done.
If AdSense cannot detect the ad code on the side your account activation won’t go through.
Note: Read Step by Step Guides On Connecting Your Site To AdSense
- make sure that your site complies with the Adsense program policies
- your site needs to have unique and original content and it should attract genuine user interest
- Your site must be live and contain enough content for AdSense specialists to evaluate. If your site is under construction, doesn’t load, or is difficult to navigate, AdSense can’t activate your account.
- your site needs to be reachable so that AdSense can review it make sure your ads txt file is accessible for crawling
- Make sure you provided the correct URL when you created your AdSense account.
- Review your site to make sure it complies with AdSense policies.
Connecting your site
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- On the site you used to create your AdSense account, paste the code between the
</head>tags of a page that has content and regular traffic.
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Provide the full postal address of your bank account, including the zip code, so you can get paid.
- Provide a valid phone number.
AdSense will then reveal your site to check that it complies with the AdSense program policies
The review usually takes a few days AdSense will email you when your account is fully activated
Then you can set up ads on your site and start making money
If AdSense Can’t Activate Your account
If AdSense can’t activate your account, we’ll send an email to explain why and what steps you can take to address the issues. Learn more about what to do if AdSense can’t activate your account.
We hope this article helps you better understand how to activate your AdSense account
To learn more you can Checkout More Articles Like this On Adsense Helpline and last but not least make sure to subscribe to the Us for more best practices and tips on how you can grow your business further.
Let us know in the comment section if you have any suggestions for new videos