To complete the AdSense activation process you need to connect your site to AdSense. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Copy the code on your AdSense homepage.
- Paste the code into the HTML of your page, between the
</head>tags. Learn more about pasting ad code in the AdSense code implementation guide.
WordPress user? Learn how to insert ad code in your WordPress site.
View an example HTML page with the code added
<script data-ad-client=”ca-pub-1234567890123456″ async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script>
This is the head of your page.
<title>Example HTML page</title>
This is the body of your page.
- (Optional) If you incorrectly entered the URL of your site when you created your AdSense account, click Edit and update your URL.
- Confirm you’ve pasted the code and click Done.
If AdSense can’t confirm the code is placed correctly on your site you’ll see a message on your AdSense homepage. Here are some things to check to help you fix connection issues.
The code is missing or incomplete
- Did you paste the code into the HTML of your site?
- Did you paste the code between the
- Did you paste the code into the site you used to sign up for AdSense?
Your site is unreachable
- Did you provide the correct URL when you created your AdSense account? If you made a mistake, you can click Edit and update your URL.
- Is your site up and running? Make sure your site is published and live on the web.
- Can AdSense access your site without a password? If your site’s login protected, consider temporarily removing the login so that AdSense can reach your site. Note that after your account has been successfully activated, you can create a crawler login to display Google ads on your login-protected pages.