To create an In-article ad unit, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads Overview.
- Click By ad unit.
- Click In-article ads.
- Give your In-article ad unit a name.
We recommend you prefix the names of your In-article ad units with “Native” or something similar to help you track their performance.
- Style your ad to match your content. For more information, see In-article ad settings.
- Test how your ad will appear on different screen sizes by changing the container width in the preview area. Use the drag handle to change the width.
Note that In-article ads are responsive by default.
- Click Save and get code.
- Copy and paste the In-article ad code on your site inside the HTML of your page. We suggest that your place the code two paragraphs below the start of the article.
It usually takes a few minutes for ads to appear on the page but occasionally it can take up to an hour.
Important: If you’d like to place more than one In-article ad on your page, make sure you allow sufficient content between ads to minimize disruption to your readers.
In-article responsive ad size
In-article ads are responsive ads which means they automatically adjust their size for the device they’re being viewed on.
On mobile devices in portrait mode, In-article ads expand to use the full-width of the user’s screen.
On desktop and other mobile configurations, the width of an In-article ad is always equal to the width of the parent container (
<iframe>, etc.) it’s inside.
(Note that the minimum width for an In-article ad is 250px.) The height of an In-article ad is automatically adjusted by AdSense.
Tracking the performance of In-article ad units
You can track the performance of your In-article ad units by viewing your Ad units report:
- Visit your Reports page.
- Open the Ad units report.
- Select your In-article ad units.
- Click Filter.
You can now see performance data for your In-article ad units.