You can opt-out of showing ads that are based on users’ interests, demographics, and Google Account information. In turn, Google will not use visitation information from your site to help infer interests and demographics, and will not add visitation information from your site to users’ Google Accounts.
However, you cannot opt-out of showing ads to users based on their previous interactions with the advertiser, such as visits to an advertiser’s website, known as remarketing.
Keep in mind that by opting out, you might decrease the number of ads competing to appear on your site, which may decrease your potential earnings.
To opt out of showing user-based ads:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Blocking controls All sites Ad serving.
- Under “Personalized ads”, use the control to opt-out of user-based ads.
- Ads you’ve blocked by category, by advertiser URL, or using the Ad review center will not appear to users through user-based advertising.
- This opt-out only applies to AdSense for content.