Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) transactions provide an affordable, efficient Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) option across a number of countries in Europe. The SEPA system allows European businesses and consumers to send EFT payments to any country located in the Euro area.
SEPA EFT payments directly deposit your AdSense earnings, in Euros, into your bank account to greatly speed up and simplify the payment process. If SEPA EFT payments are available in your location, AdSense encourage you to sign up.
EFT is fast, secure, and environmentally friendly, and it’s the Google-recommended payment method. AdSense is working hard to make it available in as many locations as AdSense can.
To sign up for SEPA EFT payments, you need to provide details about your bank account. If your account is located in a country where the local currency is the Euro, you will need to verify your account using a small test deposit.
If your account is located in a country with a local currency other than the Euro, you will not need to go through the test deposit process.
Please note that while SEPA coverage is expanding, not all banks currently support SEPA EFT transactions. Before signing up for this form of payment, AdSense strongly encourage you to verify with your bank that you are able to receive incoming SEPA EFT transactions.
Are SEPA payments available in my country?
SEPA payments are available in the following countries:
|Bulgaria||Euro||No test deposit required|
|Cyprus||Euro||Test deposit required|
|Estonia||Euro||Test deposit required|
|Gibraltar||Euro||No test deposit required|
|Iceland||Euro||No test deposit required|
|Latvia||Euro||No test deposit required|
|Liechtenstein||Euro||No test deposit required|
|Lithuania||Euro||No test deposit required|
|Luxembourg||Euro||Test deposit required|
|Monaco||Euro||Test deposit required|
|Malta||Euro||Test deposit required|
|Romania||Euro||No test deposit required|
|Slovenia||Euro||Test deposit required|
Signing up for SEPA payments
Signing up for SEPA EFT payments is a three-step process:
1. Enter your bank account information
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click Payments.
- Click Add payment method.
- In the “Add a payment method” section, enter your bank account information. If you’re not sure what information to enter, please contact your bank.
- Click Save.
If you’ve entered your bank account information incorrectly, you can click Remove and delete the incorrect information. After you’ve deleted the incorrect information, you can re-enter your bank account information.
Please note that if you set SEPA EFT as your form of payment after the 20th of the month, AdSense can’t guarantee that you’ll be paid by SEPA EFT. For example, to ensure payment by SEPA EFT for your March earnings, please complete the steps above before April 20th.
2. If required, find your test deposit
Once you enter your bank account information, AdSense will begin the process of depositing a small test amount into the bank account you specified. This process takes a few days, so check your bank statements after 2-5 days to find a deposit. The deposit ranges from 0.15-1.10 Euro. Depending on the country in which your bank is located, the deposit will be labeled as one of the following:
- Google Inc. EDI PYMNTS
- Google Inc. EDI – EDI PYMNTS
- GOOGLE IRELAND
- GOOGLE IRELAND LIMITED
- CITIBANK FINANCIAL SERVICES
3. Enter the test deposit amount in your AdSense account
Once you have the test deposit amount:
- In the left navigation panel, click Payments.You’ll see a red alert in your AdSense account.
- Click Add payment method.
- Click Verify now.
- In the drop-down menu, select the test deposit amount that you received in your bank statement.
- Click Verify.If the amounts match, your bank account is verified. You’re now ready to receive payments by EFT.
Please note that if you set SEPA EFT as your payment method after the 20th of the month, AdSense can’t guarantee that you’ll be paid by SEPA EFT. For example, to ensure payment by SEPA EFT for your March earnings, please complete the steps above before April 20th.
Updating bank information
Unfortunately, incorrect or unverified bank account information can’t be changed from your account at this time. Instead, to provide correct information, you can add a new bank account and then remove the existing bank account.
To protect the privacy and security of your banking information, AdSense Support does not have access to edit or remove the information you have entered.
Why did my test deposit fail?
There are a number of reasons why your test deposit might fail. AdSense have provided a detailed list below.
- Incorrect bank account number or bank codes (the required information will vary by country)
- Bank account is not set up to receive incoming SEPA transactions
- Bank account is closed
- Bank is not located in the same country entered in your AdSense account
- Your bank code changed as the result of a recent bank merger
If your test deposit has failed, you’ll see a Deposit failed message on the page where you submitted your bank account. If you see this message, AdSense encourage you to re-enter your bank information to make sure there wasn’t a typo.
You may also wish to contact your bank to confirm the exact details that you need to submit and try again.