As part of AdSense’s effort to protect publisher accounts, AdSense asks that you provide a valid phone number when you activate your AdSense account.
AdSense uses phone number verification to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. For more information, see our phone number verification FAQs.
Phone number verification is not required in all countries. If it’s required for you, you’ll see a card on your AdSense homepage.
How to verify your phone number
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the “Verify your phone number” card, enter your phone number in international format.
Phone numbers in international format begin with a plus (+) sign, followed by the country code, the area code, and the phone number:
+(Country code)(Area code)(Phone number)
Examples: +14155552671, +441234567890
If you’ve previously verified a phone number for Google, you’ll see your verified phone number listed in the “Phone number” field. You can choose to use this phone number for AdSense and skip the rest of the phone verification process.
- Choose whether you’d like to receive your verification code by text message or voice call.
- Click Get verification code.
- On the next page, enter the 6-digit verification code that AdSense sent you and click Submit.