Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), some Western Union offices might be closed in your region. Please refer to the Agent Locator which is updated daily and is the most reliable tool to find Western Union offices available for payout in your country of residence.
As a response to COVID-19, Western Union has launched a COVID-19 site to provide customers with the latest information regarding their services globally.
However, if you experience any difficulty picking up your payments during this period, AdSense would recommend that you change your form of payment to bank transfer (Electronic Funds Transfer or wire transfer if applicable) to avoid payment disruption in the future.
Western Union Quick Cash is a form of payment that allows you to receive your AdSense payments in cash using the worldwide Western Union (WU) money transfer service.
Choosing to receive your payments by WU means that you don’t have to wait for a check to arrive in the mail, and it can also cut down on the bank fees and long clearing times associated with depositing checks.
- You must pick up your WU payment within 60 days in the same country to which your payment was issued. Learn more about the deadline for picking up WU payments.
- Your WU payment will be made in either U.S. dollars or euros depending on your payment currency. However, at most WU agents you’ll have the option to pick up your payment in your local currency. Learn more about the currency, exchange rate, and payment limit for WU payments
- AdSense does not charge you a fee to receive WU payments.
Countries where WU is available
Payment by Western Union Quick Cash is currently available in the following countries and areas:
|Country||Payment currency||Single payment limit||Can payments over the limit be split?|
|Burkina Faso||EUR||2800 EUR||Yes|
|China (Mainland)||USD||10000 USD||Yes|
|Costa Rica||USD||10000 USD||Yes|
|Côte d’Ivoire||EUR||6000 EUR||Yes|
|Dominican Republic||USD||10000 USD||Yes|
|Ghana||EUR / USD||5000 EUR / 2000 USD||EUR only|
|Moldova||EUR / USD||7000 EUR / 2000 USD||EUR only|
|Oman||EUR/USD||7000 EUR / 7500 USD||Yes|
|Palestine||EUR/USD||7000 EUR / 2000 USD||EUR only|
|Puerto Rico||USD||10000 USD||Yes|
|Qatar||EUR/USD||7000 EUR / 2000 USD||EUR only|
|Réunion Island||EUR||7600 EUR||Yes|
|Saudi Arabia||USD||2500 USD||Yes|
|Tanzania||EUR/USD||7000 EUR / 2000 USD||EUR only|
|Uganda||EUR/USD||7000 EUR / 2000 USD||EUR only|
|Virgin Islands (British)||USD||7500 USD||Yes|
Note: AdSense might offer WU to other countries in the future.
Deadline for picking up WU payments
You must pick up your WU payment within 60 days in the same country to which your payment was issued. (Payments will be available for pickup at your local WU agent the day after they’re issued.) If you don’t pick up your payment within 60 days, your earnings will be credited back to your account and your payments will be put on hold.
If your payment is held: visit the “Payments” page in your AdSense account, read the red alert on the page and follow the instructions provided to re-enable payments to your account.
How to sign up for payments by WU
To receive your payments via Western Union Quick Cash, complete these steps:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage payment methods.
- Click Add payment method.
- In the “Add a payment method” section, select the Western Union radio button.
- Click Continue.
- Verify that the delivery name is correct.
- Click Save.
Note the delivery name must exactly match the name on the government-issued ID card that you intend to use to pick up your WU payment. If you’re setting up WU payments for an organizational account, provide the name of an individual who will represent the company when picking up payments. If you make a mistake, follow these instructions to update the delivery name or address in your account.
How to pick up your WU payment
To pick up your WU payment, follow these steps:
- Visit http://www.payment-solutions.com/agent.asp to find a WU agent located in the country where your payments are sent.
- Call the WU agent to confirm that they offer the Western Union Quick Cash service and that they hold your desired payment currency.
- Bring the following information with you:
- A valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver’s license, National ID, etc.)
- Your sender’s information (which you’ll find on your AdSense payment receipt).To view your payment receipt: visit your “Transactions” page and click the Automatic payment link. Examples of sender’s information include:
- Payment amount
- Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- Your payment was processed by: Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA.
- Your payment was processed by: Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
- Your payment was processed by: Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. 8 Marina View Asia Square 1 #30-01, Singapore 018960.
- In some countries you might be required to answer a test question to pick up your WU payment. This is an additional step to ensure that your payment is transferred securely.
- Remember to pick up your WU payment within 60 days of the payment date, or the amount will be credited back to your AdSense account.
Currency, exchange rate, and payment limit for WU payments
Your WU payment will be made in either U.S. dollars or euros, depending on the currency shown on your “Payment History” page. However, at most WU agent locations you’ll have the option to receive your payment either in the currency it was issued or in your local currency (provided the agent has this currency available).
We recommend that you call your local WU agent to confirm which currencies are available. The exchange rate will vary based on the rate used by the WU agent on the day you pick up your payment.
Note: Depending on your country, there may be a maximum limit on the amount you can receive in a single payment via WU. If your payment exceeds the limit, then it will be split into multiple payments. If multiple payments are not available in your country, we recommend receiving your payments by wire transfer.
For more information on WU payment limits, see the table above or contact your WU agent.