To receive payments by EFT, you need to verify your bank account using a test deposit. A test deposit is a small amount (less than $1) sent by Google to “test” your bank account.
AdSense does this to make sure that when AdSense sends your actual payment, AdSense sends it to the correct bank account.
You can check if you’ve received it by accessing your bank statement or asking your local bank.
You won’t see the test deposit in your bank statement right away—this process takes 2-5 working days. Please wait until you see the actual amount deposited in your bank account before you enter it into your AdSense account.
Watch this video taking you through the process of adding EFT and verifying the test deposit.
After you receive your test deposit, follow these steps to verify your bank account:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Payments.
You’ll see a red alert in your AdSense account.
- Click Manage payment methods.
- Click Verify Now.
- In the drop-down menu, select the test deposit amount that you received in your bank statement.
- Click Verify. If the amounts match, your bank account is verified.
You’re now set up to receive your AdSense payments by EFT.
If you don’t receive your test deposit after 10 working days, it’s likely that you’ve provided incorrect bank account details. In this case, we advise you to:
- Contact your bank to make sure you have the correct bank account details.
- Add a new payment method with your updated bank account details, set it as your primary payment method, and wait for your test deposit.
- Remove your old payment details.